Saturday, April 29, 2017

Nursing home gig report 4/29/2017

As usual, a good day at the nursing home today.  We played for 2 1/2 hours.  Unfortunately, Otis couldn't be there this time, but we still had a good crowd.  Merri (vocals, various percussion and fiddle), Carrol (electric guitar), JoDee (vocals, acoustic guitar), me (vocals, tenor uke), Dusty (keyboard), Larry (harmonica), and Bubba (vocals, electric bass).  I did a couple of songs today that we hadn't done before.  They both went over pretty well.

Pick Me Up On Your Way Down (Bubba)
All I Have To Offer You Is Me (me, this one was new)
One More Time (JoDee)
Never On Sunday (instrumental, Carrol)
You are My Sunshine (Merri)
Crazy Arms (Bubba)
A Million and One (me, also new)
How Much is That Doggie in the Window? (JoDee)
Down Yonder (instrumental, Carrol)
This Land is Your Land (Merri)
That's the Way Love Goes (Bubba)
Build Me a Cabin in Gloryland (me)
Teddy Bear Song (JoDee)
Harbor Lights (instrumental, Carrol)
Never Ending Song of Love (Merri)
Silver Wings (Bubba)
Room Full of Roses (me)
Watermelon On the Vine (JoDee)
Double Eagle (instrumental, Carrol)
I'm Sorry (Merri)
Sing Me Back Home (Bubba)
Bury Me Under the Weeping Willow (me)
Long Time to Forget (JoDee)
Sweet Memories (instrumental, Carrol)
I'll Fly Away (Merri)
Fraulein (Bubba)
The Old Country Church (me)
Up the Lazy River (JoDee)
Spanish Eyes (instrumental, Carrol)
I Feel Good (Merri)
Cold, Cold Heart (Bubba)
Goodnight, Irene (me)
Make the World Go Away (Bubba)

Both of the new songs I did went over quite well, especially "All I Have."  I'm pretty sure it used to be in Carrol's repertoire back in the olden days when he was in a band.

Something strange happened during Bubba's "That the Way Love Goes."  I don't know if he had turned his bass up a little more or what happened, but it was so loud that I could feel my skull vibrating and by the end of the song I was starting feel a little sick at my stomach.  Very odd.  I had to ask him to turn it down a little.  It wasn't a problem anymore after that.  We were using Bubba's sound system today.  We usually use Otis's, but as I said, he wasn't there today.

"Fraulein" is one of my wife's favorite songs, and Bubba always sings it for her.  Sometime if he isn't there, I guess I may do it.  As it is now, I like singing backing harmony during the chorus parts.

A good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment