Sunday, April 9, 2017

Just a weekend update

Yesterday was an interesting day.  I had to work, but I finished early so I headed to the nursing home for the weekend gig.  I usually just go straight home after working, but I knew that some people were going to be missing from the group and there were going to be only two singers, so I went to fill out the band.

There were only four of us there, myself on vocals and ukulele, Bubba on electric guitar and vocals, Otis on acoustic guitar and vocals, and Dusty on keyboard.  So the turnaround was pretty fast with only three of us singing.  Dusty actually did a few instrumentals on his piano that were good.  Unfortunately, something didn't work right with my phone app and although it appeared to work correctly, it didn't actually save the file that I recorded, so I can't go through the whole list.

But I played a few songs that I don't normally play there, which was fun.  We all had to kind of dig deep into our repertoires to fill out the two hours or so that we played.  And now that I know Dusty can play "La Bamba" on his piano, I think I'll try to learn the words.

And this week, we are doing cowboy songs at Seasons of the Ukulele!  This is one of my favorite genres, and I have already covered many cowboy songs that fit into the themes of various past Seasons.  Come and join the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment